Saturday, October 17, 2015

Spotlight Saturday: Maddy Rabil

Meet Maddy! She is currently a first-year student, and not only is she a new member of the Food Committee, but she is also the top fundraiser signed up for the main Relay for Life event on April 15th! Check out her fundraising page hereWay to go Maddy!! 

Name: Maddy Rabil  
Year: 1st
Hometown: Tampa, Florida
Major: Pre-Comm
Why you Relay: In 2005, I lost my grandma to pancreatic cancer, and in 2009 I lost my dad to non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Cancer has taken some of my favorite people away from me, and Relay makes me feel like I am actively doing something to end this awful disease versus just talking about it and waiting for change. 
Why you are most excited for Relay: I can't wait to meet all of the awesome people involved. Also, this is my first Relay ever so that's really exciting too!
Did you know: In high school I started a Habitat for Humanity chapter at my school! 
Favorite ice cream: Cookie dough

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...