Wednesday, October 29, 2014

STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES

I relay in memory of my mom, who lost her battle to breast cancer almost 7 years ago. She was diagnosed with the disease when she was 31. When she received the diagnosis, my brother was just a few months old and I was only 2 years old. My mom had breast cancer for practically my entire childhood, but that did not affect her ability in any way to be an absolutely amazing mother. She was the most loving and compassionate woman I’ve ever known. She would always remind me how important it is to take time out of our crazy lives to just “stop and smell the roses.” My mom made an incredible impact on so many people’s lives, and remembering that is what gives me the most comfort when I am missing her and yearning for her presence. I hope to one day be half the woman that my mom was.


Being a part of Relay for Life at UVA has given me the opportunity to fight back against the disease that turned my life upside down. I relay so more mothers can be there for their children’s graduations and wedding days, and so they can live to meet their grandchildren. I relay in memory of my mom, and in honor of all of the moms out there who are battling cancer. I relay to finish the fight against this terrible disease that has taken the life of too many.

With RelayLove, 


You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...