Sunday, November 1, 2015

Spotlight Sunday: Xing Zhang

Hope everyone had a wonderful and ~spooky~ Halloween! And now it is another Sunday which means times to start all the work I should have done all weekend and told myself I wouldn't procrastinate on, yet I have found another date with Java Java and Organic Chemistry. 

However - my day has been brightened by my favorite Spotlight Sunday! Meet Xing, a 2nd year student on the team recruitment committee. Xing recently planned and conducted a bake sale which raised almost $500! What better way to fight cancer than with amazing baked goods? She's also now one of our top ranked fundraisers! So proud of you! Show your support by wishing her congrats & checking out her fundraising page here!

Name: Xing Zhang

Year: Second Year
Home Town: Warrenton, Virginia 
Why I Relay: When I first joined Relay for Life in high school, it was because of my grandma, whom passed away from cancer when I was younger. After my first event, after my first luminary ceremony, I relayed not only for my grandma, but for everyone I met and have yet to meet whom are affected by cancer. 
Why I’m Excited For Relay: My goal this year is to be a 12 hour walker and walk a marathon during the event. Since cancer never sleeps, we won't either :) 
Did you know: When I was in kindergarten, I fractured my arm from falling off of a refrigerator. 
Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream: All ice cream were created equal. I cannot state a single favorite flavor simply because it would be unfair to all the flavors that I also love oh so dearly. 

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...