Wednesday, November 5, 2014

HOPE AND CELEBRATION IN EVERY DAY

“Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain”
-Dave Matthews Band

When my dad was a college student around my age, he lost his father to colon cancer.


Cancer took away from my younger brother and me the opportunity to ever meet our grandpop. I wish more than anything I could have gone to Phillies baseball games with him, tried his famous shish kebobs, and shown him around the grounds of UVA. But even though my grandfather passed away before I was born, many of the people he knew and loved are still alive today. They have taught me everything I know about him, and through them I am able to envision just what my grandpop was like.

We Wahoos relay in order to celebrate more birthdays! Here's a photo of my grandpop celebrating one of his. 


As of 2014, there remains an astonishing volume on cancer that physicians, researchers, patients, and their loved ones do not yet fully understand. But if my grandpop’s battle has helped me comprehend one thing about the disease, it’s this – no matter how many weeks, months, or years cancer tries to take away, hope and celebration can be found in every day.

I Relay so that as many individuals as possible have to chance to know and love all of their grandparents. Although I never met my grandpop, his courageous experience is a constant source of motivation for me to raise awareness about cancer in all of its variations.

Together, we can and we will someday finish the fight!

With RelayLove, 

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...